Pages

Thursday 7 February 2013

Lemon and Coconut Slice

I made this recipe recently to take to a family morning tea.  It turned out really great and was so easy to make.  Two good combinations for me so I will definitely be making this again!

I have converted this recipe from tenina.com/2012/01/thermo-mixer-iced-lemon-coconut-slice/.



For the base you will need 
Zest of 1 lemon (I used the thermomix to blitz the zest I cut off the lemon)
140g coconut butter (or you can just use butter)
50g almonds
250g pkg Arnotts Milk Arrowroot biscuits (or you can use plain sweet biscuits)
1 tsp vanilla essence

For the icing you will need
300g icing sugar (I milled my own in the TM using raw sugar)
Juice ½ lemon (around 35g)
30g coconut butter (or butter, cubed)
Enough shredded or dessicated coconut to cover icing to taste


Place all base ingredients into TM bowl and blend 20 sec on speed 8 or until well blended and coming together.

Line a square baking tin (about 20cm) with baking paper and press the mixture into it. Refrigerate for while making icing.

Make icing by placing all ingredients except the coconut into TM bowl and blend for 20-30 sec on speed 6.

Spread on top of slice and top with the coconut and place into fridge until ready to serve. Slice when cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment